CFO - The Usual Hotels
Netherlands, The HagueFinance
We are currently launching a new sustainable hotel brand and concept: The Usual Hotels. It will be a purpose-led, pan-European chain designed for sustainability, comfort, and affordability. At this early stage, we have three hotels to rebrand and several more in the final phase of purchase. Our first hotels will open end 2023. We are currently looking to fill one of our key positions in our headquarters in The Hague. Someone who is visionary, inspiring and able to get people on board. Are you the CFO who we’re looking for and willing to join this exciting journey?
Who we are
We are the world’s first hotel chain that won’t treat this planet like a hotel. We believe that travel should leave a positive impact on both planet and people. Our solution-oriented group of optimists is committed to offering conscious city trips that empower our guests, our colleagues and the locals to do good, every step of the way.
We’ve identified four impact areas; we are socially committed, we build consciously, we source responsibly and we minimize our footprint. As we are an intrinsically sustainable brand, ESG principles and the UN Sustainable Development Goals are at the heart of what we do.
It is important that we are also independently certified by outside organisations as meeting the high standards of verified performance, accountability, and transparency to which we are holding our brand. All of our assets will at least have the BREAAM In-Use Excellent rating and we are in the process of becoming a certified B Corporation.
We are here to make conscious travel accessible to all and inspire others to join our journey. Together we can make travel a force for good.
You will, as a key member of our team, be responsible for developing the finance strategy and long-term financial policy of The Usual. In the CFO position, you will also provide daily leadership. Not only in setting an example for the finance team, but for the entire organization. Next to this, your responsibilities will include:
- Positioning and representing the Company in the market, building and maintaining relationships with partners and other stakeholders;
- Leading the finance team;
- Responsible for monitoring capex of redevelopment projects of properties;
- Function as contact person for daily operations with banks, arrange various KYC and compliance requirements. Involvement in new financing of the group;
- Frequent interaction with our main shareholder Crossroads Real Estate on reporting and the structuring of transactions;
- Tax structuring and tax compliance;
- Involvement in due diligence of acquisitions and subsequent integration of new acquisitions into the group structure;
- Implementing improvements for business processes and managing integration activities and finance projects;
- Providing and explaining periodic reports and analyses;
- Identifying information needs of management and internal/external stakeholders and establishing or adjusting reporting standards and assumptions;
- Implementing and maintaining proper corporate governance structure to monitor financial risks.
Who we are looking for
We expect all of our leaders to help create trust and an open feedback culture. It’s important that you share The Usual’s values and be an advocate for the inclusive culture we are currently building. You bring a clear vision to the table. Also, we are looking for someone who has:
- Experience as CFO or Financial Director in an international organization;
- A master’s degree in Finance, RC is a plus;
- Experience in dealing with banks and other financiers on complex finance structures;
- Relevant experience in hotel and / or real estate developments;
- Preferably experience in dealing with private equity partners;
- Fluent in English and preferably Dutch;
- Must have a heart for sustainability, ESG and hospitality.
Contact person for this position: Joachim de Looij, CEO of The Usual Hotels